Batpurev Ayushsuren is an independent financial and business management consultant. Experienced in private, civil society and government sectors. Studied and practiced general business management, financial economics, marketing and public relations and capital market of Mongolia.
Has long term prospective relationship with Mongolia’s high level Government officials, media and civil society.
Advisor to the Chairman
Financial Regulatory Commission of Mongolia
February 2016 – Present, Mongolia
Director General, Department of Market Developments
Financial Regulatory Commission of Mongolia
December 2014 – February 2016, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
- General policy planning and coordination for securities, insurance and micro finance industry of Mongolia
- Research and analysis in financial sector
- Capital market development issues covering regulation policy, infrastructure and new financial services and instruments area
- Systematic risk management
- Managerial information system and market data base management
Advisor to the Minister
Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Mongolia
August 2013 – January 2015 (1 year 6 months) Ulaanbaatar
- As an Economic policy advisor to the Foreign minister, I was attached works towards improving Mongolia’s bilateral economic cooperation with countries such as Russia (No visa regime), China(Strategic Comprehensive Partnership), Japan(EPA), USA(Trade & Investment transparency agreement), Korea(Mongolia-Korea Economic Forum) and European Union countries(CPA and Non-visa travel).
- I also took part in boosting Mongolia’s multilateral cooperation with International economic organizations such as APEC, World Economic Forum and ASEAN.
B.B.E Consulting (Formerly Inforum consulting)
March 2004 – Present, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
- Financial analysis and advisory
- Industry and market analysis (Developed own research models)
- Socio-economic impact assessment
- Consulting and implementations on Marketing and PR
(Worked with Unitel group, Golomt bank, EZnis airways, MCS electronics, NAP LLC, Mongolian National Mining Association, MineInfo, Open Society Forum, EBRD-BAS project, Ministry of Education, Culture and Science, World Bank… etc )
- Political communication
(Managed a few campaigns during 2004, 2008, 2005 elections)
Intern in Economics consulting
September 2012 – December 2012, Sydney, Australia
- Have been contributing to financial modelling and economic analysis of mining infrastructure projects.
Manager of Division, Marketing
Unitel ICT group
March 2010 – January 2012, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
- Redesigned company’s brand architecture
- Improved the corporate image as a leading group of companies which provide mobile communication, broadband, satellite, IPTV and media services.
- Managed a few successful branding campaigns
Head of Public affairs office
Ministry of Defence, Mongolia
June 2009 – April 2011, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
- Worked in Sierra Leone with Mongolian Peacekeeper’s under UN mandate, 2009
- Produced a documentary film about Mongolian military history and invasion through the world – “Secrets of awe-inspiring black banner”. (Photographed in Mongolia, China, Russia, Korea, Poland, Hungary and Turkey)
Analyst, General Manager, Director
Inforum center NGO
March 2004 – 2010, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
- Communication projects
- Research and analysis in macro and microeconomics
- Supports EITI in Mongolia and Open Budget Initiative
Economics journalist, Freelance analyst
Various Media agencies of Mongolia
June 2001 – June 2008, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
- Worked as economics and political journalist and columnist for Eagle TV, US-Mongolian joint, TV9, Info weekly and Liberty magazine.
- Wrote more than 100 articles related economic development.
- Hosted many TV program of news and analyses.
- Some respected awards in journalism.
University of Sydney
MSc, Financial economics
2012 – 2013
- Studied under Australian Leadership Award scholarship program
Institute of Finance and Economics, Mongolia
BBA, Business management
1999 – 2003
- Led Students’ Union
- Initiated Parliamentary debate club
Certifications and Courses
Financial Market and New financial instruments
IMF – Singapore Regional Training Institute
October 2015 (two weeks’ intensive program)
Cambridge Language School, Singapore
Dec 2008 – March 2009
Leadership (workshop, conference and coaching modul)
Australian Experimental Leadership Training Center financed by DFAT
Canberra, Sydney and Melbourne, Australia
March 2012 – June 2013
Investment agreement and Public engagement
Contracts in extractive industry
Honors & Awards
Australia Leadership Award Scholarship
By Government of Australia
- ALA Scholarships are academically prestigious awards offered to high achievers from the Asia-Pacific region each year to undertake postgraduate study (Masters or Doctorate) and a Leadership Training Program in Australia.
The scholarships are intended for students who are already leaders or have the potential to assume leadership roles that can influence social and economic policy reform and development outcomes, both in their own countries and…more
The Best Economic journalist of year 2003
Press Institute Mongolia
Distinguished Students Academic Research
Institute of Finance and Economics
April 2000 and April 2001
- I won this prestigious competition in both 2000 and 2001 and it was first case that one student wins the contest for two years straightly.
Macroeconomics impact of the fiscal policy of Mongolia
Open Budget Network Mongolia
Disclosure of extractive contracts: Justification, Benefits and Procedure
Open Society Forum
- A Policy advocacy paper publicized in the Policy Issue series
Analysis of Budget proposal 2013 Mongolia (Working paper)
Budget Monitoring Network
An independent overview and assessment on the public budget proposal of Mongolian Government in aspects of fiscal stability, policy priority, risk management and transparency.
- The paper was referenced by member of parliaments and various media experts during the budget discussion.
Economic cycles related Mining revenue management
Open Society Forum
- This policy study proposed preferred mining revenue management and it institutional structure for Mongolia. Worked with Dr. Batsukh Tserendorj and Ganbat D.
Civil society assessment on Mongolia’s Extractive industry transparency
Mongolia Publish What You Pay Coalition
- Independent assessment based on Mongolian national EITI (Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative) reports.
Organizations & Volunteer experiences
Mongolian Capital Market Council
Since April 2015
Mongolia – Australia Society (MOZZIES)
Member of Managing board
National working group for EITI
February 2008 – January 2012 (4 years)
- Mongolia implements Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative, an international standard to improve governance of extractive industry. I have been working for consolidating this initiative since its beginning as one of the founders of the Civil society coalition for EITI that played key role in Mongolia’s introduction and implementation of EITI.
Cell: +976 88119090
Leave a Reply